Sun, 22 May|
Across Oxhey Village
FREE EVENT: JAZZ STEPS AROUND OXHEY VILLAGE
The finale event of our 2022 festival, is a free all day fringe event for all the family across the pubs of Oxhey Village. Featuring more than a dozen gigs, this walking-friendly musical tour will get all toes tapping to jazz, blues and more.
TIME & LOCATION
22 May 2022, 13:00 – 18:00
Across Oxhey Village, Watford WD19, UK
ABOUT THE EVENT
We recommend taking public transport to this event where possible and using the trainline into Bushey Station in the heart of Oxhey of Village where the event is running. There is limited car parking within the Village, so do check out a street map to find nearby roads or carparks. There are 2 small carparks in and nearby Bushey Station. There are many more car parking spaces at the Watford Atria Shopping Centre - just a 3 minute walk from Watford High Street station - a 2-minute train ride from Bushey.
About the event
An all day family-friendly musical amble around Oxhey Village, reached immediately from Bushey mainline train station.
We'll have more than a dozen free gigs on across the Village at The Rifle Volunteer, The Villiers Arms, The Load of Hay, The Royal Oak, and The Railway.
Walk from pub to pub, try different drinks and food, and hear music flowing through the air like never before.
We will also be present on Watford Heath outside the Royal Oak and Load of Hay pubs with a small classic car display and ice-cream (both weather dependent!).
Confirmed acts include: Georgina Jackson, David Gordon, 10 Bells Rag Band, The St Albans Modern Jazz Quartet with guests Simon Spillett (sax) and Anthony Kerr (vibes), Dollis Brook Potato Slappers, Noah Chiari Quintet, Mara Ashton with Ilario Ferrari, Alexander Williams, Ozge Iskit, Brassbound, Neil C Young Trio, John Watson Trio, The Skylark Trio (Tobie Medland violin, Cornellius Corkery guitar, Tom Williams bass), and The Out of Handers.
THE RAILWAY ARMS
- 1.00pm Dollis Brook Potato Slappers (bluegrass and street blues)
- 3.00pm Brassbound (funky ska street party jazz)
- 4.30pm Skylark Trio (gypsy jazz jam)
THE RIFLE VOLUNTEER
- 1.15pm St Albans Modern Jazz Quartet featuring Simon Spillett and Anthony Kerr (modern jazz)
- 3.30pm The Out of Handers (modern jazz and swing with vocals)
- 8pm John Etheridge and Jo Harrop ticketed event only.
THE VILLIERS ARMS
- 1.00pm Alexander Williams (modern jazz & blues vocals)
- 2.15pm Mara Ashton and Ilario Ferrari (vocal classic jazz)
- 4.15pm Georgina Jackson and Ozge Iskit with David Gordon (modern jazz and swing)
THE LOAD OF HAY
- 1.30pm Skylark Trio (gypsy jazz)
- 3.15pm Bistro Jazz Trio and friends (bebop and modern jazz)
- 5.00pm Neil C Young Trio (guitar led fusion jazz rock)
- 1.00pm The Noah Chiari Quintet (bebop and modern jazz)
- 3.00pm The John Watson Trio (classic and modern jazz)
- 4.45pm The Ten Bells Rag Band (New Orleans street music)